2012 forms are now available for download!
First, read our Practice Manual. It explains the organic standards, the certification services we provide, and our operating policies. We also have an instruction sheet designed to help you navigate among and select the forms you need to fill out. Download the fees form and refer to the Practice Manual for information on how to select the correct fee for your operation, our policy for refunds, deadlines and late fees. Download this reproduced from our Practice Manual.
Next, select the appropriate forms to complete your application or to amend your existing organic system plan. We’ve organized it by activity–farm or processor (manufacturer)–below.
1. Certification Application. Everyone fills this out.
2. Organic Farm Plan (crops). Whether it’s hay, tomatoes or apples you are growing and certifying, you need to complete this form. For lowbush blueberries or sugarbush, see below.
. This form identifies which crops you are certifying and how much is being grown this year.
4. Blueberry Organic System Plan. This year we’ve made a special form for this unique crop. If you don’t plan to harvest organic lowbush blueberries, don’t worry about this form.
5. Maple Syrup and Sugarbush Organic System Plan. Maple syrup producers need this form.
6. Livestock Organic Farm Plans. Select from three. Please note that if you are planning to transition a dairy herd to organic, you must talk to a staff person first (568-4142). Select from (beef, pork, goat, lamb and replacement animal), (including eggs), or .
7. Value added on-farm production. Simple, on-farm processing and handling of organic product may be described using the on-farm processing form. More complex processing and handling operations must use A must accompany each product you certify (download under “B” below).
8. The following are other forms typically needed to complete a organic farm plan.
Field history. Every field needs to have this documentation.
Landowner affidavit. If you don’t own the land, you need one of these forms.
10. Farmers must check and sign an organic producers endorsement to complete the application.
If you wish to use our MOFGA Certified Seal on your product’s label, you will need to submit this permit form.
B. PROCESSOR & HANDLERS
This section is for handlers, processors, traders, and manufactures of organic products.
2. Use our single ingredient form to list all the organic product you handle and repackage.
3. MCS will guide you if you need any of the following ingredient verification forms: Verification of Ingredient Status, Verification that Ingredient Meets National List Annotation, or Verification of Certified Organic Ingredient Retail Purchase.
4. If you are handling/processing meat (e.g., slaughterhouses) we have a special slaughterhouse add-on form for this specialized production.
5. Finally, processor/handlers must check and sign an organic producers endorsement to complete the application.
If you wish to use our MOFGA Certified Seal on your product’s label you will need to submit this permit form.
If you need assistance in determining which forms you need call MCS staff at 568-4142 or email email@example.com. Remember to make copies of everything you submit to MCS for your own files!